Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Robinson Farm, Hardwick MA

Robinson Farm
Ray and Pam Robinson
42 Jackson Rd./PO Box 94
Hardwick, MA 01037

The second stop on the Hardwick tour was Robinson Farm--right down the street from the Hardwick Sugar Shack. There, they sell a variety of items including organic raw milk and eggs, and humanely-raised veal. I got a gallon of raw milk for making cheese (which I am very excited about) and my friend, Kari, got a quart of maple yogurt, made from the milk on this farm. I regret not getting yogurt, too. I'll just have to go back. They also had a variety of local cheeses and maple syrup.

Pam Robinson was in the farm stand when we showed up, and pointed out the cooler of experimental cheese wheels. The plan is to start making and selling cheese, too. I wish them luck and can't wait to try them once they're past the experimental phase.

We visited with their chickens across the street before we left. Right now they are in their winter home, but are almost ready to be moved to their roaming chicken coop once the warmer weather hits.

No comments: