Monday, March 1, 2010

Derby Orchard, Stow MA

Derby Orchard
438 Great Rd Stow, MA 01775
978.897.7507

Derby's has my favorite apple cider in the whole world. I may be biased, since it's what I grew up drinking, but I'm not the only one who thinks it's delicious. It's unpasteurized, which is hard to come by these days. If you've never tried unpasteurized cider, I recommend doing so--it just tastes so much better.

Cider aside, they also have a large variety of apples. Each is labeled with its flavor and best uses. Helpful if you're making a pie and not sure which variety would work best. Or if you're just curious.

This being February, they had just apples and cider available. However, they also sell pears, plums, peaches, pumpkins, Christmas trees, and various other items, depending on season and availability.

No comments: