Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chip-in Farm, Bedford MA

Chip-in Farm
201 Hartwell Road, Bedford, MA 01730



I went here with my 1-year-old today and had a blast. We've been buying their eggs (from free-running hens) for about a year from Cataldo's, a local nursery, and I finally made it out here to see the farm. Although it's a small place, you could easily spend a sunny afternoon letting your kids run around here. There's a free petting zoo (cows, sheep, goats, bunnies, a GIANT pig, and chickens, of course), mini tractors to ride around, and a farm store with a penny candy counter.

The store sells day-old eggs from the farm, random grocery staples, a selection of local meat and produce, and milk/ice cream from Shaw Farm in Dracut, MA (we get their milk from Cataldo's, too). I've been meaning to make it out to Shaw Farm all summer for ice cream, but haven't gotten there yet. There's not much time left of ice cream season, so I'd better hurry up if I don't want to wait until next year!


This was a fun trip we'll be repeating, especially since it's so close to home. And they have delicious eggs from happy chickens.

According to their website, you can have birthday parties here, which I think would be a blast for little kids.

No comments: